The Corfu Trail is a unique long-distance footpath -stretching approximately 190 km- which runs from the white cliffs near Arkoudillas at Corfu's southernmost tip to the wild coastline of Cape Agia Ekatirini at its northernmost point!
By walking the Corfu Trail you will enjoy the island's delightful countryside, amazing landscapes and meet friendly locals!
The trail meanders through the island's rural districts and avoids developed areas, takes in beauty spots, biotopes, beaches, picturesque villages, monuments, monasteries and diverse landscapes.
The route is waymarked - in both directions- with aluminium CT yellow signs, supplemented by yellow paint arrows, spots and blazes, placed in strategic locations enroute.
Walkers are advised to follow the route from south to north for 2 reasons:
1. Hikers will walk themselves into fitness, from the gentle south into the more mountainious region in the north.
2. In addition, the most spectacular scenery and the biggest concentration of highlights are in the north of the island.
Average walking time 4 - 8 hours per day, depening on everyone's condition without any stops.
The terrain varies; rough footpaths, cobbled mule paths, dirt and gravel tracks, some minor roads and sandy and pebbly beaches.
Highest point 900 m, lowest point sea level.
The Corfu Trail is a hiking route off the beaten track, avoiding mass tourism and showing you the local traditional lifestyle.
Self-guided walking holiday with local assistance. All programs include:
- Accommodation as per program in double or twin rooms, middle class hotels, taverna/pension rooms with private facilities, on bed & breakfast basis.
- In Kalami room only (studio with kitchen facilities). All accommodation as near as possible to the start/finish of the daily routes.
- Directions and maps of each day's walking route. GPS Tracks upon request.
- All transfers as per program.
- Luggage transfers to the next accommodation as per program.
- Local assistance.
You are invited to select your favorite itinerary: 8, 10, 12 or 15 days, Corfu Trail South, Corfu Trail North.
Individual tailor-made program with extra rest days i.e. may be requested as well.
Daily start from May 1st, in May, June, September, up till 15 - 20 October depending on the chosen program.